Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Last Day at 931 West Lake Samish Drive

Today was my last day in Bellingham, so Kristin suggested that I write today's post. I thought I'd put up some of my favorite pics and highlights from my time here! 




Living in this house was ideal for practice...we can walk right across the street and get out on the water in 5' with the boats right there in the bay on the first floor. The house is very lit and roomy allowing everyone their space. 




You can't find a more inspiring place to train...from the dedication, hard work and extremely long rows I witnessed (and sometimes experienced!), all the way to the mailbox where the Olympic rings are painted...



Each morning I felt like I was rowing in the clouds...it was often dark when I got on the water and about halfway into our row the clouds would begin to part and could finally see some sun with Mt. Baker in the skyline. 



A couple of Saturdays we went into town for the Farmer's Market...we usually didn't buy much, but sampled a lot! Flavored almonds, different cheeses, fresh peaches and apples, yogurt fresh from the farm, blackberry honey, vegan cupcakes (they actually are tasty!) and even saw these bicycle powered blenders to make smoothies! 



And after one of our weekly hikes, ventured to the Sound so that Kristin and Carlos could get their fill of salt water with the San Juan Islands just off in the distance. 



Jordan, Carlos' son, and ever full of energy, frequently visited and kept everyone on their toes! He is set to be a future soccer star, with full Barcelona gear and cleats. 



And we might have had a few not-so-lightweight treats along the way... 



I've enjoyed my time so much here! Some may wonder why I was up here...I wanted to take the opportunity to improve in the single and be around those who are much better than I so I know what it takes to exceed at the next level. I have learned a lot and am very inspired! I wish all those at trials the BEST of luck! 


-Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment